Head Sommelier for World Renowned Michelin Starred Restaurant in Surrey £35k
Our client is looking for a Head Sommelier to join this iconic property and assist with maintaining the exceptional standards that have been set and maintained.
Salary & Benefits:
- Salary up to £35,000 plus fantastic benefits
- Opportunities to taste top wines from the best producers around the world
- Invitations to wine masterclasses, tastings and dinners
- Wine Trips
- Financial support on wine qualifications with CMS and WSET
- Staff discount
- Company pension scheme
- Sunday and Monday Off?
- Have sole ‘ownership’ of the wine list and drinks programme
- Have the ability to create dynamic list with interesting and exciting food pairings
- Be responsible for all areas of beverage, from aperitifs to digestifs, and the wine offering to complement our menus
- Identify ways to improve sales or control cost
- Be financially accountable for the beverage performance, and must be proficient in stock control, and costings
- Quickly build rapport with team and guests and have an outgoing personality
- Communicate clearly, professionally and concisely
- Contribute to our education programme, delivering training and inspire FOH team
- Be an experienced Head Sommelier. Ideally having Level 3 WSET or a similar qualification with the Court of Master Sommeliers
- This role would suit an experienced and highly motivated Assistant Head Sommelier that has previous experience within a Michelin Starred restaurant that is looking for a new and exciting role within one of the most iconic restaurants within the UK.
- Similarly, this role would also suit a Head Sommelier with previous track record of exceptional service within a 5 Star Hotel or multiple Rosetted Restaurant.
- The perfect candidate will have a keen eye for detail, great organisational skills and experience of running a Sommelier team effectively.
- 5 years’ experience in luxury properties.